Policy Officer (0.8-1 FTE)
The Policy Officer plays a significant role in supporting the policy work of inTouch through research, analysis, consultation and developing responses to emerging policy issues for multicultural communities in the area of family violence. The incumbent will work closely with all staff inTouch, drawing on their expertise and experience. She will ensure that emerging issues for multicultural communities are documented and advocacy plans developed.
• Tertiary or post graduate qualification in social policy, social research, social work, community development or related field;
• Experience in a social policy role, with a demonstrated ability to analyse and develop policy, produce high quality submissions, reports and position papers. A track record of effective involvement in influencing policy debates;
• Sound understanding of the issues facing women subjected to family violence from migrant and refugee backgrounds;
• Knowledge of the Victorian family violence landscape including the Royal Commission recommendations and current family violence reforms;
• Highly developed research and analytical skills for identifying key issues relevant to the experiences of refugee and migrant communities to inform inTouch’s policy work, and communicate these to a range of internal and external stakeholders;
• High-level verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a range of diverse audiences;
• Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
For the full position description click here.